Do you feel like your weekends are flying by you? Does Sunday come around and when supper comes around you dread the long work week ahead?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above read on for some creative ways to make the most of your weekend.
If you don’t plan out the time you have, your time will find other places to escape to. For instance, how many times have you went on the computer to write and 20 mins later you find yourself on social media doing nothing in particular.
I know, I’ve done it to.
This is a great example of losing your time to other activities that you didn’t set out to do in the first place.
You only have so many weekends in your life. And you only have so many weeks and days in your life. According to Business Insider, if you live to be 80, you will have 4,160 weekends in total.
So what are you doing with them?
You don’t want your life to pass you by or your creations to die. You want to make a mark on the world.
I watched this video about creativity and Todd Henry talks about what the most valuable land in the world is. He chatted about how it was a cemetery, because in the cemetery are buried all of the unwritten novels, unfinished businesses….”
I got goosebumps when I heard that first.
How interesting, right? Watch more of it here.
Make The Most Of Your Weekends With…
- Try new things. Take out the art supplies and the paint brushes.
- Loosely schedule your weekends out. Just find 3-5 things that you’d like to have accomplished by the end of the weekend.
- Get up and move. Get some exercise.
- Make a list of everything you want to do in your life. What about everything you want to do this year? Or this month? How about this week?
- Allow yourself to have some downtime like a nap or reading a book.
- Candlelight yoga.
- Keep chores to a minimum.
- Set up a tech sabbath day. Don’t go online. Don’t watch TV. And don’t check your phone. The possibilities of what you can do and create are endless.
- Don’t wake up too late.
- Take a road trip.
Did I forget something? What do you do to make the most of your weekend?